1/17/2011

Video: The Snapshot Edit

Well, originally I called it the snapshit edit...
Here's why.
My first video in two years. After wrecking my trusty old miniDV on Corsica two years ago I had all the good intentions for 2009 and decided to buy a new cam.
Well, with a raftguide's budget I kinda fell for the cheap option - HD, waterproof, optical zoom... Sounded all good, until I tried to edit the footage. Adobe wouldn't read the codec, computer too slow and all kinds of hassle brought my enthusiasm to a standstill. I did get some pretty decent play footage, but some time in 2010 I got so frustrated with the editing issue and the video quality that I deleted a whole bunch.

Well, so this winter I found a few things that survived (Cornerwave and Babyface on the Ottawa) and figured I'd give it one last try. I stumbled upon  Sony Vegas, it worked decent with my computer and camera, found some more footage we got on GoPro and a few short clips from a true snapshot cam of Chippewa Falls.
With a bit of time on my hands during the Sault Ste Marie winter I played around and this is what came out of it.
With only a few sessions to work with this is not even close to giving a good review of my last year, but it's something. And it's good to practice my editing while I'm waiting for my new SLR - with full HD, 60fps and all those gadgets. Then the computer will once again be the issue...

Okay, I'll shut up now. Here's the vid.


The Snapshot Edit from sven perschmann on Vimeo.

Peace,
Sven

No comments: